AUTISM AWARENESS: PARENT eLEARNING
In honor of autism awareness month, Institute for Behavioral Training (IBT) is offering it’s online training tool, Parent eLearning, for free for parents of children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder
(ASD). This online tool provides parents and caregivers with in-depth training on ASD, applied behavior analysis (ABA), and behavior management techniques, as well as other important topics.
The Parent eLearning training, which includes over 40 hours of material, is divided into modules that include information on the autism diagnosis, appropriate treatment (applied behavior analysis), managing
problem behavior, working with siblings, and integrating the individual with ASD into the school, community, house of worship, and other natural environments.
For a personal parent perspective about the Parent eLearning, please read Kerrie Mallory-Thompson’s blog post here.
To sign up for your free Parent eLearning:
- On the top right of this page, click on “Sign In” and a login box will pop up.
- In the “Redeem Passcode” box, enter AS2015 and click “Submit Passcode” (do not enter a username and password).
- On the registration page, if you are a returning user, just enter your existing username and password. If you are a new customer, you will need to fill out the form to create an account, including creating
a new username and password.
- Once you complete the form and submit, you will be asked to go back to the home page.
- On the home page, click on “Sign In”, and this time enter the username and password that you created. Do not re-enter the passcode.
Once you have the username and password, you will use that information to access your eLearning account. You will not need to use the passcode again.